Sunday, April 11, 2010

Simple, Sweet Sunday

I do love the fresh, new sunshine that's settling in here in Georgia.  I've moaned all winter about the cold and have been waiting for this moment of sun basking...but as usual, as one season leaves and a new one enters, I can't help but feel a little melancholy, as we say goodbye to our cold and weary winter and hello to springtime. 

Last night I was planning to round up everyone and take them to see dad's last hockey game for the season (I've asked Matthew several times to explain what 'last game of the season' means...as hockey is a four season sport and he's registered to play year round...).  But my sensitive eyes got the best of me and the bright sunshine throughout the day left my head aching.  I felt really bad, as I know he appreciates us being there.  I suppose that's probably why I made a very large pot roast, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls and all for Sunday Supper. 


It's been a pleasant and easy day.  Toby got ready for church without a struggle.  The chocolate cookies I sent with him to Primary may have had something to do with it.  He's been next door most the day with our neighbors, who absolutely love him.  My favorite part of the day was cuddling up in the big chair with Matthew and watching the 1st MotoGP race of the season...(this really does have a season).  Hurray Rossi, and good for you Nicki H.  It's fun to watch all this determination in one place.

Marsh at Sunday Supper
Marsh came over this weekend and he, Luke and Tatum have been PS-3ing together.  It's nice when they all get along.  Between go-carting, bb-gun shooting and exercising (he tells me he's going to be 'ripped' in just a few weeks) he stays pretty busy.  


Well, Easter Break is now officially over...and I must get Luke and Tate pointed in the right direction for the evening.

I love my family. X

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to share your thoughts, please leave a comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...