Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The 57th Group Resturant

A couple of weeks ago we were coming home from my eye appointment and came across this hidden treasure.  It's called 'The 57th Fighter Group Restaurant', and is situated adjacent to the Biplaine Rides over Atlanta.  Toby had fallen asleep, and so dad positioned the car so that the first thing he would see when he opened his eyes was the bright colored P-51 Mustang.  Toby's first words were, "Are we at 'Bad Company'?"  (WWII PS3 game -- played by dad). 

"Daddy, are we at Bad Company?"
When you first walk in you are greeted by a tunnel of sandbags which lead you into the WWII aviation themed dinning.  It was the middle of the afternoon, so the wood-planked dance floor was empty, but as I sat there it wasn't hard to envision servicemen and dressed up ladies dancing about.  The menu looks amazing.  The Window seats are plenty, so you can eat your meal and watch the bi-planes take off -- to Toby's great delight.  My husband would love to take me on one of the romantic sunset flights offered...I may have to stop at the bar first if I'm going to do that...Just Kidding!  It would be an absolute thrill!  (I'll eat after though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to share your thoughts, please leave a comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...