Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ouch!

Poor Little Soldier.... :-(
I know children need their immunization shots, but our 5 year old had to get 5 yesterday!  I also know the nurses are just doing their job, but after that 5th jab I could have tackled and hog-tied our 6'2" male nurse.  Our little guy did great.  Just a few quiet tears and sniffles that 5 new stickers cleared right up.  Daddy brought him home a chocolate bar.  Mama got him an ice cream cone.  Sweet angel.  No more 'til he's 11!

Just before school -- One day I'll see those eyes of yours
As our oldest son is such a private kind of guy, I don't get as many pics of him as I'd like -- but caught one of him while drinking some morning juice before school.

I ran into the 'before and after' pics I took last summer.  It's still very much a work in progress...But as the ping-pong table is out of the kitchen and the motor oil out of the pantry -- I think we've come quite far indeed! 


Here's what most of the rooms looked like (more or less) before I got started...I've only exaggerated slightly...


Painting all the arched ceilings was difficult as I am only 5'2  and am slightly fearful of heights.


If you can't 'fight-it' 'shrine it' is what I have to say.  We'll be getting a nice new frame for that Chrysler pic soon...

My husband tried to convince our guests the other night that "It's still a bachelor home".  They all burst into laughter as this was sitting above him...

We still have several pictures to put up.  Boys are being less cooperative then girls though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to share your thoughts, please leave a comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...