With no milk, no cereal, and only 2 eggs left, what else was I to feed this lot for breakfast...?
The smell is lovely going through the house. I think it woke the kids up a bit earlier then usual...that would be around noon instead of 2pm....
By Special Request I am adding the cinnamon roll recipe:
Dough (made in bread maker):
1 cup water
2 Tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
3-1/3 cups bread flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/3 cup sugar (I add slightly more)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons margarine or butter , softened (I use slightly more)
1. Place all Dough ingredients in bread pan in the order listed. Set your bread machine for the dough cycle and press start.
2. While dough is mixing, grease two 8 or 9 inch round pans. Line with parchment and grease parchment as well.
3. Mix 1/3 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
4. When dough has completed cycle, remove onto floured surface. Flatten the dough at first in your hands and then lay it on the floured surface and roll (with floured rolling pin*) into a rectangle, around 18 x 9 -inches.
5. Spread the softened butter onto the rectangle and then sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mixture evenly onto the butter.
6. Roll the rectangle up tightly. Slice in half down the middle -- then slice each section into 6 pieces (12 nice sized slices in all. Lay 6 slices flatly in each pan (1 in center with 5 others around it). Cover and let rise for at least 1 hour.
7. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden. Let sit in pan 5-8 minutes before removing. Drizzle glaze over warm rolls.
Mix 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1 to 2 tablespoons milk. Stir until smooth.