Monday, May 17, 2010

Friends

I drove into our old town on Friday to run a few errands and visit my good friend and old neighbor Simonette.  We have been trying to get together for several months, but married life is soooo busy isn't it?  I popped over to see her for a few minutes -- and give her, her VERY belated Christmas chocolates.  It was wonderful catching up and laughing about old times and new times, even if it was only for 30 minutes or so.  Simonette and husband Arno are very much looking forward to meeting my husband one day, but for now, they are enjoying getting to know him through this blog.  I'm afraid they know far more about him they he does them!

Toby enjoyed Gugu, Simonettes little Yorkshire Terrier.  Gugu means "Jewel" in Simonette's  Afrikaans language.  Thankfully, I remembered to pull out my camera and snap a couple photos before leaving.  I truly do miss our old home and neighbors -- but I love our new home and new neighbors too.

I'd rather be posting more here, but I MUST get the house CLEAN, as mom and Frank arrive this Wednesday (my birthday -- yay me -- not really).  It's Donna Reed day for me...X

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to share your thoughts, please leave a comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...