Jodie is our neighbor and mother of Tobe's great friend. I was a day late, but I wanted to get this plate of freshly made brioche to Jodie -- she loves these rolls and I knew it would be far more appreciated then a cake.
I know a few of you want the recipe, so I thought I'd take a minute to write it down for you. I just use a bread maker to make the dough:
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup margine or butter, softened
3 1/2 cups bread flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon grated orange or lemon peel
2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
1. Place all Dough ingredients in bread pan in order listed. Press 'Dough Cycle' and then press start.
2. While dough is being mixed, grease 2 8-9in cake pans and line with parchment or wax paper (grease parchment as well.
3. When dough cycle is finished, remove dough from bread maker onto a floured board and divide in two.
4. Divide each section into 6 equal circles (making 12 in all) and place in pans (6 in each pan).
5. Cover and let rise in warm place for 1 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
8. Bake 15-18 minutes. Don't let them get too brown. Let them sit in pan for 10 - 15 minutes before removing.
P.S.: The dough can be sticky -- so I use a very floured surface.