Saturday, August 7, 2010

Birthday Brioche for Jodie

Jodie is our neighbor and mother of Tobe's great friend.  I was a day late, but I wanted to get this plate of freshly made brioche to Jodie -- she loves these rolls and I knew it would be far more appreciated then a cake.

I know a few of you want the recipe, so I thought I'd take a minute to write it down for you.  I just use a bread maker to make the dough:

1/3 cup water
1/3 cup margine or butter, softened
4 eggs
3 1/2 cups bread flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon grated orange or lemon peel
2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast or bread machine yeast

Directions:

1.  Place all Dough ingredients in bread pan in order listed.  Press 'Dough Cycle' and then press start.
2.  While dough is being mixed, grease 2 8-9in cake pans and line with parchment or wax paper (grease parchment as well.
3.  When dough cycle is finished, remove dough from bread maker onto a floured board and divide in two.
4.  Divide each section into 6 equal circles (making 12 in all) and place in pans (6 in each pan).
5.  Cover and let rise in warm place for 1 hours.
6.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
7.  (optional) Mix 1 egg yolk with 1 tablespoon water and baste over rolls.  Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
8.  Bake 15-18 minutes.  Don't let them get too brown.  Let them sit in pan for 10 - 15 minutes before removing.

P.S.:  The dough can be sticky -- so I use a very floured surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to share your thoughts, please leave a comment. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...